Mili, whose full name is Milagros (meaning 'miracle' in English), came to us at just a few months old with her older sisters Caterin (age 9) and Jeimy (age 7). We normally do not serve children under 3 years old, but because she and her sisters came to us in very sudden circumstances, we made an exception for her so as not to separate the three. Since she was so young when she came, Suyapa, our on-site lawyer, made the selfless commitment of taking Mili under her wing to provide her with the 24/7 attention and love that a baby needs. Today, at 3 years old, Mili knows Suyapa as 'Mama' and the two have a beautiful relationship. Mili started 'Kinder' (preschool) this year at the Amigos de Jesus school. She is very social and loves to play dress-up (especially as Princess Sofia from the movie Sofia the First).
Her interview is about as adorable as a 3-year-old can make it!
- Birthday: January 6th (age 3)
- Member of the Amigos de Jesus family since: 2013
- Grade in school: 'Kinder' (preschool)
- What is your favorite part of school? Playing with toys and friends.
- What did you learn in school this week? Letters, elephants, 2, 4, 7, 9, 10
- What do you like to do in your free time? Play with my 'mama' (her name for our on-site lawyer Suyapa) with stuffed animals because I like to have fun.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A nurse and play
- Who are some of your friends at Amigos? What do you like to do with them? Jakey (the son of our on-site directors Amy and
Wilson Escoto, and a classmate of Mili’s in Kinder) and José Antonio. I like to
play with them.
- What is something you are thankful for? Food.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesus? Princess Sofia and her castle [Our youngest girls
are all very into the movie Sofia the First right now!]
- Favorite color: Purple
- Favorite food:
Cornflakes [the kids' "special breakfast" on
- Favorite song: "Un monito"
|Suyapa with Mili and her sisters Jeimy and Caterin at the beach in Tela, Honduras.|
|Suyapa and Mili|
|Jeimy, Mili, and Caterin see the beach for the first time during the Amigos de Jesus vacations in October.|