Ivis is one of the most expressive children at Amigos. When he's happy, his entire face lights up with an ear-to-ear grin. In school, he furrows his eyebrows into his "thinking face. If something strikes him as funny, he has a deep, sincere laugh that invites others to laugh along. Sometimes his feelings boil over into a big bear hug - he gives one of the best hugs at Amigos! Ivis is 9 years old and lives at Amigos with his sister older sister, Arlen Jessenia (age 13). He is in Level 1 of EducaTodos at the Amigos de Jesus school.
Learn more about Ivis in his interview below!
- Birthday: August 31st (age 9)
- Member of the Amigos de Jesus family since: 2013
- Favorite class in school: Spanish
- Favorite teacher: Profe Carlos.
- Why? Because he helps me when I need help. I love Profe Carlos.
- What is something interesting you learned in class this week? In art class, we learned about Honduran folk music.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Draw, paint, do word searches, do homework
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A police officer, so I can put the bad guys in jail.
- Who are some of your friends at Amigos? Pablo, Henrry, Padrino Wilson, Madrina Amy, Hermes, Nelly, everyone.
- What are you most thankful for? Food, clothing, shoes, sandals, my shirt, underwear, pants, matchbox cars, toys.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesus? The soccer field because I like to play there, watch the older boys play there, and see 'golazos' (big goals) happen.
- What is your favorite type of music? Romeo Santos, Carlos Vives, Dombeto
- Favorite color: Blue
- Favorite food: Rice and bean soup
- Favorite movie: Lion King
|Ivis with his signature grin and bear hug, posing with Miss Ashley (2015-16 long-term volunteer)|
|Enjoying tamales on Christmas morning|