Jason* is a smart, active, and curious 11-year-old. One of the best English speakers at Amigos, he is in 5th grade at the Amigos de Jesús Bilingual School. He has a deep and enthusiastic faith that spills over to all around him. In fact, he is aspiring to be a pastor one day! (See his answer to question #7 below!)
Read on to learn more about our sweet and adventurous Jason:
- Age: 11
- Birthday: October 18th
- What is your favorite class in school? Computers because I like typing games.
- Who is your favorite teacher? Mr. Conor and Mr. Tucker (2016 Summer Volunteers)
- What is something interesting you learned in school this week? In Social Studies, we learned about the first settlers in America.
- What is something you like to do in your free time? Play soccer and practice my English
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A pastor
- Why? I want to be able to talk about God's love and help people be closer to God.
- What are you most thankful for? I am thankful that I am at Amigos de Jesús because here they take care of me and give me everything I need to live.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesús? The swamp area and the front gate. I like the swamp because it is very peaceful and the gate because that is where we go to greet all of the visitors who come.
- Who is someone who is a role model for you? Padrino Elder (the Honduran caretaker in Jason's dorm) because he helps me and makes me smile. Also Alan Turner because he plays with me and Madrina Mirna because she helps me with homework and helps me be responsible.
- Favorite singer: Elvis Presley
- Favorite colors: Red and orange
- Favorite food: huevo con torta (omelette)
- Favorite T.V. show: Ben 10 (Cartoon Network)
*name changed to protect privacy