Dante* is soft-spoken, gentle, and kind. Like his younger brother (who was featured here as the Amiguito of the Week in January), it is rare to see him without a smile on his face. He is one of our jovenes (teenage boys) at Amigos, yet while his peers often fall into the usual antics and jokes of teenagers, Dante tends to hold back, never losing hold of his sweet and polite self. He is not one to be influenced by the crowd. Dante's tender nature brings a light to all in the Amigos de Jesús family.
Read more about Dante in his interview below:
- Age: 16
- Birthday: May 10th
- What is your favorite class in school? Science.
- Why? Because we learn about a lot of interesting things - nature, the solar system. The solar system is pretty crazy.
- What is something interesting you learned in school this past year? On Día del Indio Lempira (Day of Lempira), we learned about the life of the native warrior Lempira who played a big role in the story of the founding of Honduras. I always like hearing about that story.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Play soccer...that's really the only thing I like to play.
- What do you want to be when you are older? A psychologist because I think I could be able to help other people with that.
- What are you most thankful for? That Amigos de Jesús gives me the chance to get an education.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesús? The cross, because from there I can see so far, all of the towns around Amigos. Sometimes I go up there to think about everything that's outside of Amigos.
- Who is someone who is a role model for you? Adoni because he helps me in so many things - my chores, advice, everything.
- Favorite song: "Duele el Corazón" by Enrique Iglesias
- Favorite color: Red
- Favorite food: Chicken with tajadas (fried plantains)
- Favorite movie: Fast and Furious
- Favorite book: Jack the Giant-Killer
*name changed to protect privacy