Kira*, affectionately known around Amigos as "hormiguita" (little ant) for her small size, is an energetic bundle of joy. Kira has a smile that lights up a room and a laugh that's infectious. She is one of the most ticklish kids at Amigos. She loves playing with the 'big girls' in her dorm, especially her two older sisters. Kira is also quite smart. She is picking up English quickly in 1st grade in the BECA (bilingual) program at the Amigos School. One fun fact about Kira is that tomorrow (November 8th) is her 7th birthday!
Read more about Kira in her interview below:
- Age: 7
- Birthday: November 8th
- Grade: 1st
- School: Amigos de Jesús Bilingual School
- What is your favorite class in school? Art class because I like paintbrushes.
- What is something interesting you did in school this week? We read El gato y el sombrero (The Cat in the Hat).
- What do you like to do in your free time? Draw hearts, flowers, butterflies, and houses. And color.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A person that takes care of animals.
- A veterinarian? Yes!
- What is something you are thankful for? Food and clothes.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesús? The cross because that's where Oscarito is.
- Who is your favorite grown-up at Amigos? Madrina Amy because she loves me and her dad is my padrino.
- Favorite colors: Red and blue
- Favorite food: Fried chicken and french fries
- Favorite movie: All Disney princess movies
- Favorite song: "Banana" by Kazzabe
- Favorite animal: Elephant
*name changed to protect privacy