Goofy, spunky, and energetic are all words to describe Pedro*. Never taking life too seriously, he is always ready with a joke, prank, or sly smile. Pedro is extremely loyal to his older brother Gilberto*, with whom he is just a year apart in age. Their relationship is beautiful to watch. Pedro is quite smart and is thriving in third grade at the Amigos de Jesus school - that is, when he keeps his chatting in check! These days, Pedro is famous around Amigos for his rapping abilities. He and two of his friends won first place in the Amigos talent show last summer when they sang "Nota de Amor" by Carlos Vives.
Get to know Pedro in his interview below:
- Age: 11
- Birthday: October 12th
- What is your favorite class? Art
- Why? Because they teach us how to make drawings and color
- Who is your favorite teacher? Profe Miguel, Mr. Michael, and Miss Stephanie
- What is something interesting you learned this week? In science class , we learned about force, push and pull.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Sleep, eat, exercise, run around, and climb trees.
- What do you like to do with your friends? Play soccer, eat, and sing.
- What do you want to do when you are older? Graduate, go to university, and become a psychologist like Adoni (who, last December, became our first child from Amigos to graduate university, earning a degree in psychology).
- What are you most thankful for? Clothes, a place to live, and shoes
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesus? Everything
- Favorite singer: Carlos Vives
- Favorite color: Blue
- Favorite movie: Lilo and Stitch
- Favorite food: Fried chicken and french fries ('pollo con papas')
*name changed to protect privacy