Carmen* is sweet, quiet, strong and funny all wrapped into one. Though at first she may appear timid and observant, when the time comes to hold her own, she most definitely can. She is quick-witted and charming, with a beautiful laugh. Carmen lives at Amigos with her older sister, older brother, and younger brother. She has an especially close relationship with her sister. Carmen is succeeding in third grade at the Amigos de Jesus school and will begin fourth grade in August.
Learn more about Carmen in her interview below:
- Age: 10
- Birthday: January 22nd
- What is your favorite class in school? Math
- Why? Because I like to learn.
- Who is your favorite teacher? Profe Jeidy
- Why? Because she is very nice and I love her very much.
- What is something interesting you learned in school this week? In 'valores' (values/religion) class, we learned about friends and how we should love them.
- What do you like to do in your freetime? I like to play soccer with my friends. I love to have fun.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A journalist.
- What are you most thankful for? I'm thankful for the coordinators at Amigos because they gave me everything I needed.
- Who or what is your favorite part of Amigos? Miss Rachel (2012-13 long-term volunteer) and Madrina Karen
- What is your favorite song? Firework by Katy Perry
- Who is your biggest role model at Amigos? Madrina Denise because she teaches us how to listen and has good advice. She is caring.
- Favorite color: Blue
- Favorite food: Fried chicken and french fries
- Favorite movie: Jackie Chan
*name changed to protect privacy