Ariana* is silly, sweet, kind, and loving. She has a quiet spirit and sensitive heart, yet also a goofy side that never fails to bring a smile to the faces of those around her. Ariana is responsible and caring, and an excellent role model for the the younger girls in her dorm, as well as her biological younger brother and sister, who also live with us at Amigos. In 5th grade at the Amigos Bilingual School, Ariana is one of the best English speakers at Amigos.
Read below to learn more about Ariana:
- Age: 11
- Birthday: January 25th
- Grade/School: 5th grade at the Amigos de Jesús Bilingual School
- What is your favorite class in school? Math because I like to do learn the multiplication tables.
- Who is your favorite teacher? Profe Yadira because she is very pretty and nice.
- What is something interesting you learned in school this week? We learned about factor trees in Math class.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Draw, color, and write.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a journalist or an author so that I can write and learn new things.
- What are you most thankful for? Friendship and peace.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesús? The playground because I have fun there. The tire swing is my favorite part of the playground.
- What do you like to do with the volunteers and madrinas/padrinos? With the volunteers, I like to play, color, and practice English. With the madrinas and padrinos, I like to chat with them and learn how to behave well.
- Who is your biggest role model? Madrina Reina. She is very smart and nice, and she corrects us when we make mistakes. She is also pretty. I went to Madrina Reina's town during my October vacations and I also got to go to her house to celebrate her son's first birthday earlier this year. I love Madrina Reina.
*name changed to protect privacy