It's easy for us to forget that Maria* is only 12 years old. With her bright mind, gentle nature, and keen insightfulness, she is wise beyond her years. It does't help that she is also one of the tallest girls at Amigos! Maria has a fun side that makes us smile and her caring spirit makes her a great role model for the younger girls in her dorm. Maria is also athletic -- you can often find her playing soccer after dinner alongside the boys!
Read more about Maria in her interview below:
- Age: 12
- Birthday: October 27th
- Grade/School: 5th grade at the Amigos de Jesús Bilingual School
- What is your favorite class in school? Computer class and English. I like computer class because we learn how to type and I like English because I like languages.
- Who is your favorite teacher? Profe Ingrid and Profe Kathy
- What is something interesting you learned in school this week? In science, we learned about magnets and in math, we learned about addition, subtraction, and multiples.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Play soccer, sleep, talk with my friends, and dance Zumba.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A flight attendant because I like to go on trips to many places and meet new people.
- What are you most thankful for? I am thankful because I have all the necessities that I need and because I am learning English and that makes me feel good.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesús? The cross. I like to walk up and see how big it is. Also, there I can see Jesus and it reminds me of when Jesus died for us.
- Who is someone who is a role model for you? Fr. Dennis because I find Jesus in him and because he is very special for me. He is a fun person and I like when he smiles and tells me good advice. He has a big heart and we can count on him for anything we need.
- Favorite music: All songs by Dulce María
- Favorite color(s): Black and purple
- Favorite food: Catrachas and Mexican tacos
- Favorite movie: Me Before You
- Favorite book: Romeo and Juliet
*name changed to protect privacy