Claudio* is daring, bold, witty, and oh-so-smart. He is forever catching us off-guard with his newest insights and opinions, and he is not afraid to question the world around him. Claudio is a mover and a shaker and we know that he has the potential to one day be a strong leader! Claudio currently lives at Amigos with his two older brothers and is in 3rd grade at the Amigos School. He is one of the best English speakers his age at Amigos.
Read more about Claudio in his interview below:
- Age: 8
- Birthday: November 19th
- Grade and school: 3rd grade at the Amigos de Jesús Bilingual School
- What is your favorite class in school? Physical Education because we get to play soccer.
- Who is your favorite teacher? I have two. Mr. Sean (2015-17 BECA volunteer and Claudio's second grade teacher) and Miss Maddie (2014-15 volunteer and Claudio's first grade teacher).
- What is something interesting you learned in school this week? We learned about the Cardinal points in social studies -- north, south, east, and west.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Play soccer and play tag.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a police officer because I want to help people make sure people live.
- What are you most thankful for? For the Amigos family, for school, for clothes, and for food.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesús? The farm ('agro') because there are animals there, and also the Cross because Jesus is there.
- Who is a role model for you at Amigos de Jesús? Madrina Berenice because she is the madrina (Honduran caretaker) in my dorm and she loves me.
- Favorite type of music: Temerarios
- Favorite color: Yellow and orange because those are the colors of tigers and lions
- Favorite food: Chicken with tajadas (fried plantains), fried chicken and french fries, and Mexican tacos
- Favorite book: Green Eggs and Ham
- Favorite movie: Un Gran Dinosaurio and Storks
*name changed to protect privacy