Matías* is sweet and funny with lots of energy and a big, toothy smile. He is curious and adventurous, always trying new things and looking to be like the "older boys" in his dorm. His favorite phrase is, "Por qué?" "Why?" He loves to be active -- playing soccer, pretending he is in an action movie, and running races.
Read more about our loving Matías below:
- Age: 8
- Birthday: May 8th
- Grade/School: 1st grade at the Amigos de Jesus Bilingual School
- What is your favorite class in school? P.E. because we play soccer.
- What is something interesting you learned in school this week? We practiced writing.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Sleep, play Hot Wheels cars, play tag.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A bus driver, so that I can have money. Or also a police officer so that when people do bad things I can take them to jail.
- What are you most thankful for? When my U.S. padrinos (sponsors) send me a surprise in my letters.
- Who is your favorite adult at Amigos de Jesus? Mr. Zack (2016-18 volunteer) because he is a goalie and I want to be goalie. Also, he teaches computer class.
- Favorite color: Blue
- Favorite food: Sopa de jaiba (crab soup)
- Favorite movie: Logan
- Favorite song: "Ganador" by Nicky Jam
- Favorite animal: Puma
*name changed to protect privacy