Felipa* is energetic, adventurous, and bright. She has a smile as wide as her feeling behind it. She lives her emotions fully and unashamedly, and is one of the most expressive kids at Amigos. Felipa is loving and empathetic, always looking out for her younger brother. In school, Felipa is one of the smartest in her class, and it isn't uncommon to find her requesting extra work to challenge herself. She loves crossword puzzles (she once finished a whole book in a week!), dancing, singing, and all things active.
Read more about Felipa in her interview below:
- Age: 9
- Birthday: August 11th
- Grade/School: Incoming 4th grade at the Amigos de Jesús Bilingual School
- What is your favorite class in school? Reading in Spanish and English.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Sing, dance, write things about God, and play with my little brother (who is 7 years old).
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A librarian like Miss Lindsey (2016-18 volunteer).
- What are you most thankful for? For Padrino Wilson, my brother, and the madrinas.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesús? The Cross, because it is God's cross. I am happy when I am by it.
- Who is someone who has been a role model for you? Madrina Jenny because she took care of me.
- Favorite song/singer: "Roar" by Katy Perry
- Favorite color: Pink
- Favorite food: Fried chicken with french fries
- Favorite movie: Aladdin, because my favorite princess is Jasmine.
*name changed to protect privacy