Adán* is curious, driven, and wise beyond his years. Often times, you can find Adán chatting with the adults around Amigos -- especially in 'agro' (the farm), at the front gate with the security guards, or in maintenance -- a few areas of the 'hogar' in which Adán is most interested. Last year, Adán took the initiative to plant banana trees behind his dorm and he still cares for them everyday. Also, in Adán's first year in public junior high, he is getting the highest grades of the Amigos kids in his class!
Read more about Adán in his interview below:
- Age: 15
- Birthday: March 26th
- Grade/School: 7th grade at the local public junior high
- What is your favorite class in school? Dibujo técnico (Technical Drawing) because I like to draw. I also like computer class because I like the teacher.
- What is something interesting you learned in school this week? It was interesting to learn about the different divisions of Honduras in social studies. We all had to make a map of Honduras.
- What are you most thankful for? Living at Amigos and being able to learn about cars, the farm, plants, and animals.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesús and why? The Cross because there is a nice breeze on the hill. And it's pretty.
- Who is your biggest role model? Padrino Carlos because he always follows through when we ask him something and because he gives us our snack money.
- Favorite song: "Me contagié" by Kendo Kaponi and Anuel
- Favorite color: Black
- Favorite food: Spaghetti
- Favorite movie: Percy Jackson
- Favorite book: Magic Treehouse
*name changed to protect privacy