Donato* is enthusiastic, curious, and very bright. A quick thinker, he is always ready with a witty comment and oh-so-cute smile to get himself out of mischief. He also puts his quick mind to use in school, frequently earning the best grades in his class. Donato lives at Amigos with his younger brother Emilio, and the two are inseparable. They can often be found "exploring" the Amigos grounds together, climbing trees and picking mangoes. Though Donato is a prankster, he also has a sweet and sensitive side. When he lets his guard down, he is thoughtful, reflective, and very lovable.
Read below to learn more about Donato:
- Age: 11
- Birthday: February 6th
- Grade/School: Level 3 in the EducaTodos program at the Amigos de Jesús School
- What is your favorite class in school? Social Studies because I like learning about maps and about Honduras.
- Who is your favorite teacher? Everyone who teaches me.
- What is something interesting you learned in school this past year? The capitals of Central America. For example: Tegucigalpa, Honduras; San Salvador, El Salvador; Managua, Nicaragua; Belmopan, Belize; and San Jose, Costa Rica.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Play soccer, ride bikes, play foosball, and spend time in "agro" (the farm area of Amigos) with the chickens and the turkey.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A police officer and an electrical scientist. I like seeing how electric things work and I want to take care of my country.
- What are you most thankful for? For my sandals, for health, school, having food three times per day, clothes, and because at Amigos they help me achieve all of my goals.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesús? "Agro" (the farm area of Amigos) because I like to feed the animals and because there are cows, and sometimes carrots, fresh tomatoes, and other vegetables to eat.
- Who is your biggest role model? Kenji (the head of "agro"). When I was younger, I used to follow Kenji everywhere and help him carry sacks of feed for the animals. I would help him feed the chickens and then I would also help him cook the chickens and make chicken soup in the kitchen, because we liked doing that.
- Favorite singer: Michael Jackson
- Favorite color: Black
- Favorite food: Chicken with tajadas (fried plantains)
- Favorite movie: My Name is Khan
*name changed to protect privacy