Julieta is a natural leader. She loves to care for others -- helping whenever needed and giving advice that's as wise as an 8 year old can give. She has a mothering instinct can especially be seen in her interactions with Alonso*, the youngest child at Amigos who is two years old. Julieta lives at Amigos with her two sisters and is the middle of the three. Her endearing and sweet personality has won over the hearts of many and we can't wait too see how her mature self continues to develop as she grows.
Read below to learn more about Julieta:
- Age: 8
- Birthday: March 27th
- Grade/School: 3rd grade at the Amigos de Jesús Bilingual School
- What is your favorite class in school? Social studies, art, and Spanish.
- Who is your favorite teacher? Miss Jessica (her 1st grade teacher and 2015-16 BECA volunteer) and Mr. Brian (her 2nd grade teacher and 2016-17 BECA volunteer).
- What is something interesting you learned in school last year? In art class, we learned how to draw animals.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Play soccer, sleep, play marbles, draw, and color.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A policewoman because I like it, and I also want to catch robbers when they steal things.
- What are you most thankful for? For my sisters, Madrina Martha (the madrina in Julieta's dorm), and "La Abogada" (what the kids call our onsite lawyer Suyapa Sabillon. Julieta has a close relationship with her).
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesús? The school because we learn English and Spanish there, and also my favorite class -- social studies.
- Who is your biggest role model? "La Abogada" and "Martita" (what she calls Madrina Martha) because they take care of me and correct me. I like being with them. I love them.
- Favorite song: "My Heart Will Go On" in Spanish (Julieta sang this song at the Amigos talent show this year)
- Favorite color: Purple
- Favorite food: Fried chicken and french fries
- Favorite movie: Aladdin
*name changed to protect privacy