Elisa* is a patient young woman whose love for her four siblings is seen on a daily basis. You can often catch her reading amidst the chaos of Zumba dancing and loud music, or talking outside with friends and siblings. Although her overall demeanor is quiet and collected she has a playful and witty side that will surprise you at any given moment.
Read below to learn more about Elisa:
- Age: 12
- Birthday: July 26th
- Grade/School: 5th
- What is your favorite class in school? Math because I want to learn about fractions.
- Who is your favorite teacher? Profe Yadira (Honduran volunteer teacher) because she helps me learn more and gives me advice.
- What is something interesting in class that you have learned recently? We made an origami heart with Mr. Max (2017-2018 BECA teacher) during our origami class in after school activities.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Read because I want to learn more English.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? An engineer.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesús? The corner of 'hogar' 2 (the house where Elisa lives) because we can talk with our friends there.
- What do you like to do with the volunteers/your 'madrinas'? Cook.
- Who is someone that has been an example to you at the hogar? Madrina Reina because when I was sick she helped me.
- Favorite song: Desde esta noche by Thalía
- Favorite color: Pink and light green
- Favorite food: 'Pollo con tajadas' (chicken with fried plantain chips)
- Favorite book: The Chronicles of Narnia
*Name changed to protect privacy