Despite her small stature and adorably high pitched voice, Soledad* has a personality as big, spunky, and beautiful as her brown curly hair. As the unofficial leader of the group of younger girls in the house she lives in, Soledad is a smart, loyal, and intelligent individual. She loves to rollerblade, dance Zumba with her friends, and look through old photos of herself, her friends, and the 'hogar.'
Read below to learn more about Soledad:
- Age: 10
- Birthday: November 18th
- Grade/School: 4th
- What is your favorite class in school? Math because in that class, I learn how to add and how to do multiplication and division problems.
- Who is your favorite teacher? Mr. Andrew (2016-17 BECA Volunteer and Soledad's 3rd grade teacher) because I like how he taught class.
- What is something interesting in class that you have learned recently? Division
- What do you like to do in your free time? Watch movies, play with my friends, spend time with Alan, and play soccer.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a Spanish teacher.
- What are you most thankful for? I'm thankful for Amigos de Jesús because here we have everything that we need.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesús? The cross and the chapel because we go to pray there.
- What do you like to do with the volunteers/your 'madrinas'? I like to watch movies with the volunteers and play with my 'madrinas.'
- Who is someone that has been an example to you at the hogar? Miss Lindsey (2016-2018 ADJ Volunteer) because I love her and Alan because he helps me with things.
- Favorite singer: Katy Perry
- Favorite color: Pink, blue, and purple
- Favorite food: gringas (tortilla toasted with ham and cheese in the middle)
- Favorite book: Pinkalicious
*Name changed to protect privacy