Virginia* is one of our newest older girls who joined our family along with her four younger siblings just under two years ago. She is known for being protective of her brothers and sisters, for being a hard working student who just completed 6th grade, and for her wit that comes out at the most unexpected of times.
Read below to learn more about Virginia:
- Age: 14
- Birthday: June 5th
- Grade/School: recent graduate of 6th grade in the EducaTodos
- What is your favorite class in school? I like all of my classes but I like math the most because I like to multiply and divide.
- Who is your favorite teacher? Profe Evelyn (Honduran volunteer teacher who teaches 2nd grade and EducaTodos) because she is a good teacher and she gives good advice.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Do word searches because I can concentrate but also relax while doing them.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to work in agriculture.
- What is something that you like to do with the 'madrinas' in your 'hogar'? Cook. My favorite thing to cook is fried chicken with 'tajadas' (fried plantains).
- What are you most thankful for? I am thankful for the familial love that Amigos de Jesús gives us.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesús? In front of 'hogar' 2 (the house where Virginia lives) because I can read and talk to my friends there.
- Who is your biggest role model? Madrina Jenny because she helped me learn to made good potatoes and she gave me good advice.
- Favorite color: Pink
- Favorite food: Chicken with 'tajadas' (fried plantains)
- Favorite book: Esperanza Rising
- Favorite movie: The Cabin
*Name changed to protect privacy.