Joaquin is an energetic, enthusiastic, determined, and intelligent first grader. Even with his mischievous side, his adorable smile and big, out of the blue hugs easily win over all those around him. Joaquin loves his red rain boots, which he proudly rocks with any outfit at the first drop of rain, and enjoys spending time with the ‘padrinos’ in his ‘hogar,’ as well as his older sister who also lives at Amigos.
Read below to learn more about Joaquin:
- Age: 7
- Birthday: November 28th
- Grade/School: 1st
- What is your favorite part about school? Spanish and computer class, playing soccer during recreo, and being with Profe Miguel (Honduran volunteer teacher and one of Joaquin's 1st grade teachers) everyday.
- What is something interesting in class that you have learned recently? About shooting stars that pass by the planets.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Play soccer, play on the playground, especially on the seesaw, and be with Padrino Elder (one of the 'padrinos' in Joaquin's house) because he is my favorite 'padrino.'
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A firefighter.
- Do you have siblings here at Amigos? How many? I have one sister named Felipa.*
- What are you grateful for at Amigos de Jesús? For the 'padrinos,' especially Padrino Elder. Also for Madrina Mirna and Padrino Rigo (two of the other 'padrinos' that work in Joaquin's house). And for all the people that are here.
- What is your favorite part of Amigos de Jesús? 'Hogar' 5 (the house Joaquin lives in) and the chapel.
- What do you like to do with the volunteers/your 'padrinos'? I like to write cards with the volunteers and cook, ride bikes, and watch videos with the 'padrinos.'
- Who is your favorite person at the 'hogar'? Padrino Elder.
- Favorite song: Baby by Justin Bieber
- Favorite animal: Rats
- Favorite color: Blue
- Favorite food: Pizza
- Favorite movie: Kung Fu Panda
*Name changed to protect privacy